Want to be a Treehouse Builder?
As a small but growing tree house building company, we are always interested in finding talented and enthusiastic people to join the team. However, we seldom find an applicant who is a highly skilled carpenter, an experienced tree climber, enjoys customer service, is a creative designer, and has a business savvy! In reality, most new treehouse builder applicants can only check one or two of those boxes, and that's okay if you bring a great attitude!
Current Needs - Spring 2013
- Job Description: Building custom tree houses. Must be able to frame a deck, and build a small house. We can teach you the rest.
- Time: Full time, either summer internship or permanent position.
- Tools: Must have tool belt and all personal hand tools. Must have cordless drill or impact driver. We provide the rest.
Experienced Tree Climber
- Must have professional experience climbing trees.
- Running tree climbing events, installing rope swings, cabling trees, rigging for tree houses.
- Must have your climbing harness that you like to work in. We have everything else you need.
Tree Top Builders is Different:
We strive to operate with the highest level of quality in construction, safety, and tree-consciousness. Our international reputation is at stake with each new project. We take pride in our work, and constantly evolve to stay at the top of the tree house building industry in our carpentry and knowledge of trees. As a result, our custom tree houses are safer, longer lasting, and friendlier to trees than those of our competitors. So if you want to work with the best tree house building company in this part of the world, then we would like to hear from you!
The Life of a Traveling Treehouse Builder
Traveling is part of the job and our #1 issue, complaint, and reason for separation with our year round staff. Every treehouse company that we know of has wrestled with this issue. It can be tough on families. Traveling is generally 3 days to 2 weeks at a time. Sometimes families can travel with us depending on the situation. We do require that full time builder applicants live within commuting distance of West Chester, PA.
We consider tree house internships on a case by case basis. When you apply, please include your objectives for the internship. Make sure to tell us at least the following:
- what requirements your school has for the program in order for your work to qualify?
- what skills you have and want to use that are relevant to tree house building?
- what skills you want to learn by working at a tree house building company?
- what pay requirements do you have?
- what start and stop dates do you request?
Tree Top Builders is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Treehouses for all, built by all.