Want to be a Treehouse Builder?
As a small but growing tree house building company, we are always interested in finding talented and enthusiastic people to join the team. However, we seldom find an applicant who is a highly skilled carpenter, an experienced tree climber, enjoys customer service, is a creative designer, and has a business savvy! In reality, most new treehouse builder applicants can only check one or two of those boxes, and that’s okay if you bring a great attitude! We are always interested in hearing from you if you are a hard worker and enthusiastic about tree houses!
Master Carpenter or Similar Experience
- Qualifications: Must have a minimum of 3 years professional experience in carpentry.
- Must be extremely proficient with all framing & trim carpentry tools & processes.
- Motivated to lead, learn, and grow professionally.
- Character: reliable, energetic, efficient, and organized.
- Tree climbing experience not required, but must be capable and willing to learn.
- Primary Tasks: Building custom treehouses. Involves some tree and ladder climbing, but most tasks are similar to standard construction.
- Must be willing to travel a lot. Our work requires overnight travel – we cover your expenses, but you won’t be home, sometimes for 1-2 weeks at a time.
- Location: Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to West Chester, PA (about 30-45 minutes).
- Must have strong mechanical knowledge of primary materials: metal, wood, plastics.
- Prior experience in manufacturing or product development is a plus. Engineering degree or experience is also a plus.
- Can you design, fabricate and/or source new products and one of a kind solutions to unique treehouse building challenges that we encounter? We’re looking for demonstrated knowledge and creativity.
- Location: Must live within a reasonable commuting distance to West Chester, PA (about 30-45 minutes). This position does not require travel.
Tree Top Builders is Different:
We strive to operate with the highest level of quality in construction, safety, and tree-consciousness. Our international reputation is at stake with each new project. We take pride in our work, and constantly evolve to stay at the top of the tree house building industry in our carpentry and knowledge of trees. As a result, our custom tree houses are safer, longer lasting, and friendlier to trees than those of our competitors. So if you want to work with the best tree house building company in this part of the world, then we would like to hear from you!
The Life of a Traveling Treehouse Builder
All members of our full time building team must be able to travel overnight for work. Traveling, while sometimes fun, often feels like the hardest part of the job. Every treehouse company that we know of has wrestled with this issue. It is at times tough on families. Traveling is generally 3 days to 2 weeks at a time. Full time builder applicants must live within commuting distance of West Chester, PA because as much work as possible is done in the shop and many of our projects are in south east Pennsylvania.
Tree Top Builders is an equal opportunity employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. Treehouses for all, built by all.